Research and inquiry are the first steps when looking into medical procedures. Do you want to go to the least expensive doctor available? Or, do you want to receive treatment from a vasectomy reversal doctor with the highest quality of care, best success rates, and the best value for your time and money? When choosing a doctor, there are several questions you should ask yourself. Our checklist below will help make your vasectomy reversal surgeon decision easier:
- Does your vasectomy reversal doctor stand behind his advertised success rates by offering a Money Back Guarantee?
- Has your vasectomy reversal specialist completed a 2 year Fellowship program that qualifies him as an expert in Male Infertility and Microsurgery?
- Has your vasectomy reversal doctor previously served as Director of Male Infertility and Microsurgery at two major University Medical Centers?
- Has your doctor specialized in Vasectomy Reversal and Male Infertility since 1985?
- Was your doctor one of the first specialists in the world to offer freezing of sperm as a backup plan at the time of vasectomy reversal?
- Is your doctor also the Director of a regionally recognized sperm testing laboratory located on-site at his office?
- Does your doctor collaborate with several nationally recognized IVF programs to offer sperm retrieval and IVF-ICSI as an alternative to vasectomy reversal?
- Is your doctor a nationally recognized member of both the SMRU (Society for Male Reproduction and Urology) and the SSMR (Society for the Study of Male Reproduction) which are the two most represented organizations for Male Infertility specialists?
- Are nearly one third of your doctor’s cases repeat (“redo”) vasectomy reversals of other doctors’ failed reversals?
- Has your vasectomy reversal doctor been voted by other health care professionals as one of America’s Top Doctors for at least 10 years in a row?
These are all important factors to consider when selecting the best vasectomy reversal specialist for you. Evaluate your local vasectomy reversal doctors with theses questions, as well as others in different cities. Check their success stories for a snapshot of how many clients they’ve helped in the past and be sure to ask questions regarding procedure options, cost and after-care during your consultation.